Do you want to maximise your tutoring potential?
LIVE training cohorts & immersive sessions hosted by Founder Leona Potter
Where highly skilled tutors transform their teaching practice to have maximal impact.Sign up to register your interest for the next intake
Master the fundamental skills that underpin high-performance tuition in 4 weeks
Learn the formula to building a successful tutoring reputation:
- Level 3 Award in Tutor Training 'PRESET' included in this purchase
- Receive ongoing support from specialists & professionals in the industry
- Meet like-minded tutors & professionals in a welcoming community
- Create personalised resources to support your tuition goals
Yes, It Really Is Possible!
In our Cohort-Based Tutor Training workshops, you’ll take a deep dive into a holistic approach to tutoring & 1-2-1 teachingENROLL NOW
Who is this course suitable for?
- Tutors who are interested in successful educational frameworks
- Nannies who want to support their clients and engage with families
- Teachers & learning assistants who want to learn new teaching pedagogy as part of their ongoing continued professional development (CPD)
- Parents who want a hands-on approach to navigate the demands of education in a home setting
Our live masterclasses are designed to target key principles and strategies that lead to effective teaching and learning.
Cohort-Based Tutor Training
You Are Ready To Take Control of Your Tutoring Future?
This 4-week boot camp will teach you everything you need to know about creating a successful learning environment to empower your students and deliver tuition sessions you can be proud of. You can expect:
- Adaptable resources to suit your subject specialism
- Live workshops delivered by industry specialists offering a mix of webinars, break-out sessions, peer group tasks as well as independent study
- Tools from a variety of disciplines to provide a broad toolkit for a holistic approach to supporting learners
- Access to resources and assessments in parallel with the Level 3 Award in Tutor Training 'PRESET'
You'll have all the skills and resources to become the go-to 'word-of-mouth' referral that parents, clients and agencies seek.
What's Included In The Cohort-Based Tutor Training...
Feel confident about your role and responsibilities as a tutor, including:
- How to build rapport with your learners
- Creating a safe environment for learning
- Teaching practices which are actively engaging for students
- How to meet and satisfy your client's expectations
- Identifying your niche in the industry
- Mini-Guide: Declaring income > How to stay on the good side of the taxman
You’ll finish this week with a safeguarding mini-plan, methods for adapting to your client's needs and a plan on how to track progress in a way that is useful for you, as well as the client.
Teaching Philosophy & Memory
Create well-planned lessons based on established educational theory. In this workshop, you’ll learn:
- How to structure a well-rounded lesson
- The relevance of memory research and how this shapes teaching and revision practices
- Effective ways to support students without diminishing their responsibility for learning
- Tools to challenge your learners through targeted questioning
- Mini-Guide: Tutoring online > How to navigate the demands of teaching behind a screen
You’ll finish this week with a lesson plan, revision strategies, methods of 'adding mass' and scaffolding interventions.
Overcoming Barriers to Learning
The secret to overcoming barriers to learning is by recognising their root causes. In this session, you’ll learn:
- How issues with 'executive functions' which include planning, problem-solving, organisation & time-management can manifest as problem behaviour
- Holistic methods to overcoming these barriers
- Strategies which enable any learner to access the curriculum
- How this links with special educational needs, including Dyslexia.
You’ll finish this week with intervention plans for case study examples and recognise your own skill strengths & weaknesses when it comes to 'executive function'.
The Impact of Language
Our language, the words we choose when we speak, is a powerful tool to teach, inspire & motivate.
In this workshop, you’ll learn about:
- Growth mindset strategies & how to embrace challenges
- Effective praise and feedback
- Continued Professional Development options & support in developing client networks
- Final Q&A
You’ll finish this workshop with a comprehensive understanding of how our language can shape the behaviour of our learners. This will conclude with a final Q&A and consider your next steps beyond this course.
This is a deep dive into transforming your tuition capabilities. The suggested guided learning hours for the entire course is 16hrs in total. This is broken down weekly as:
- ONLINE WORKSHOP 90mins/week
This includes a mix of breakout sessions and Q&A's throughout the delivery
- SMALL GROUP ACTIVITY WITH PEERS 45mins/week
1x weekly online peer session outside of the workshop to collaborate on a set activity
- INDEPENDENT STUDY 15mins/week
Reflective activities and options to adapt the resources to suit your subject and age demographic
- LEVEL 3 AWARD CERTIFICATION 90mins/ week
This is optional but highly recommended if you want to get the maximum from this training. It may prompt questions for Q&A and facilitate group work tasks. Refer to the resources and assessments in the Level 3 Award in Tutor Training 'PRESET' which mirror the workshop content. By completing this you will be awarded your training certificate from Training Qualifications UK.
NICE TO MEET YOU
I'm Leona Potter
After graduating in Psychology, I began teaching Biology & Psychology at a sixth-form college in London. In order to transfer into the state system some years later, I studied my PGCE at Canterbury Christ Church University before accepting a Head of Department role in my NQT year. Along with being an AQA Examiner, I have also spent much of my time outside of traditional school teaching in Offender learning.
Following this, I spent the better part of 7 years working as a full-time tutor for private families, in both the primary and secondary sectors. It was during this time that I began to recognise the demand for a more holistic form of tuition that stretched beyond class time and the need for tutor training across the sector.
Now I use what I've learned to help people just like you achieve their tuition potential. I’ll show you how to make your role as a tutor indispensable to families, and support children beyond the demand of the curriculum with a delicate blend of literature as well as tried and tested methodologies.